Not currently looking for a job
- 4/02 - 5/06 DoubleClick New York, NY
- Summer 2005 - June 2006
Architect - DART (Dynamic Advertising, Reporting and Targeting) Ad Serving Team
- Senior engineer of five responsible for maintaining and extending DART's many ad serving components, mostly using MSVC++.
- On call 24x7 for ad serving production support.
- Streamline development and review processes while improving code and design quality.
- Implement and maintain nightly build with unit and regression testing.
Architect - Automate AdServer Testing
- Led a team of three engineers and QA to automate AdServer regression testing.
- Designed and led implementation of a regression harness using Java 1.5, JSP, Struts, Tomcat and PostgreSQL.
- Mentored junior engineers using design reviews and code reviews.
Winter of 2004/2005
Architect - New AdServing Paradigm
- Led a team of four engineers to design and implement a low cost, high availability ad serving alternative.
- Written in three months using Java 1.5.
- Utilized grid computing concepts for reliability and scalability.
- Created a data transformation and aggregation package using Java NIO.
- Built a high performance single threaded server framework using Java NIO.
Spring 2002 - Fall 2004
Lead Engineer / Architect - DART Enterprise
- One of two architects responsible for DoubleClick's enterprise ad serving solution.
- Designed and coordinated implementation of new scheme for load balancing while maintaining server affinity.
- Maintained, extended, and heavily refactored Dart Enterprise's Java Swing UI and EJB server.
- Introduced XDoclet into the build process, eliminating the need for tens of thousands of lines of code.
- Restructured forecasting system for an order of magnitude improvement in memory usage and performance using C++ and RogueWave for DB access.
- 9/01 - 2/02 LOGICA Lexington, MA (Contract)
- Software Engineer
- Developed and refactored EJBs for a project enabling electric utilities to comply with deregulation.
- Automated unit testing using perl allowing developers to deliver quality code faster.
- Profiled and tuned Weblogic to achieve maximum performance using OptimizeIt!.
- Automated building and testing using Ant.
- Unified a multiple machine build/run/test environment using SSH.
- 1/98 - 8/01 SYNCRA SYSTEMS Waltham, MA
- Software Engineer
- Designed and optimized EJB's on the Syncra Xt/Ct server.
- Created and maintained unit and regression tests for components of Syncra Ct.
- Designed, maintained, and optimized JSP pages for Syncra's collaboration portal.
- Architected and implemented adapters for integrating Syncra Ct to various ERP Solutions.
- Designed and implemented user interfaces using Swing, AWT, and custom made components.
- Used Oracle and SQL for persistent store of EJB's.
- Created a set of JavaBeans components.
- 7/96 - 12/97 BENCHMARKING PARTNERS Cambridge, MA
- Software Engineer
- Translated CFAR Workbench from Visual Basic to Visual C++ using MFC.
- Integrated Java, ActiveX, VRML, and Macromedia Director for three-dimensional demonstrational software.
- 6/95 - 7/96 DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION Maynard, MA (Contract)
- Multimedia Testing
- Created a language and interpreter for driving graphics demos.
- Wrote C++ classes for integrating streaming video and sound with graphics demos.
- Created tools for testing.
- Tested multimedia applications.
- 5/94 - 6/95 STRATUS COMPUTER INC. Marlboro, MA
- Software Quality Engineering Co-Op
- Maintained a harness for testing the VOS Operating System.
- Used software metrics to predict the amount of
- WORCESTER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Graduated: June 1997 (High Distinction)
MASS. ACADEMY OF MATH AND SCIENCE AT WORCESTER Worcester, MA
- First graduating class, 1993
- ST. MARK'S SCHOOL OF SOUTHBOROUGH Southborough, MA
- Graduated 1993
- Java, EJB, JSP, JFC (Swing), JDBC, RMI
- C, C++ (GCC, Visual C++ (MFC))
- SQL, XML, HTML
- Weblogic, JBoss, Apache, Tomcat
- Visual Source Safe, CVS
- Various defect tracking systems.
- OptimizeIt! (Profiler)
- Emacs, JDEE
- TrailRegistry.com, a hiking and mapping community leveraging GPS data.
- Vice President of the Mid Hudson Rowing Association
- Hiked the entire Appalachian Trail (2168 miles from Georgia to Maine). March - August 2001
- Member of the Race Committee for the 2001 Head of the Charles Regatta overseeing Computer Timing, Phones/Fax, and PA systems committees
© Copyright 2006 Geoffrey Borggaard
Please feel free to send me mail at Bogamo@alum.wpi.edu